2019 Flag FootballUpdated Saturday March 30, 2019 by Chris Hillson.
Flag Football 2019
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade
K/1 will be in one group, 2/3 will be in another
Practice will be held every Saturday morning at Cheshire High School.
Start date, September 7th and run for 8 weeks ending on October 27th
The first half of practice will be skills and drills, and the second half of practice will be a fun game vs another team.
9-7 1v2 3v4
9-14 1v3 2v4
9-21 1v4 2v3
9-28 1v2 3v4
10-5 1v3 2v4
10-13 1v4 2v3 -- Sunday on Turf
10-19 1v2 3v4
10-27 1v3 2v4 -- Sunday on Turf
Flag Football Rules of Play
- every kid gets the ball before any kid gets the ball a second time
- 7v7 or 8v8, depending on how many players you have. Center, 2- Guards, 2- WR, QB, RB (2 if 8v8)
- defense must line up 5 yards off the ball, One player can rush in on the snap, everyone else must wait at the line until the ball gets to them.
- Games will be played on a 40 yard field, you have four downs to get to the 20 for a first, then four more downs to score a touchdown. After a turnover on downs or a touchdown the ball will always be returned to the 40
- 8:30 - 9:05, coaches will work with their teams on fundamentals.
Suggested practice plan
5 min- warm up
5 min- flag pulling
5 min- hand offs
5 min- pass catching
15min- run plays
- feel free to add in other basic fundamentals, just remember it's all about having fun with them.
9:05 - 9:45 -- Fun Game vs another team