2020 Flag FootballUpdatedWednesday August 5, 2020 byChris Hillson.
Flag Football 2020
******More information to come soon based COVID-19 Return to Play Plan
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade
K/1 will be in one group, 2/3 will be in another
Practice will be held every Saturday morning at Cheshire High School.
Start date, September 12th and run for 8 weeks ending on October 31st
The first half of practice will be skills and drills, and the second half of practice will be a fun game vs another team.
9-12 1v2 3v4
9-19 1v3 2v4
9-26 1v4 2v3
10-3 1v2 3v4
10-10 1v3 2v4
10-17 1v4 2v3
10-24 1v2 3v4
10-31 1v3 2v4
Flag Football Rules of Play
- every kid gets the ball before any kid gets the ball a second time
- 7v7 or 8v8, depending on how many players you have. Center, 2- Guards, 2- WR, QB, RB (2 if 8v8)
- defense must line up 5 yards off the ball, One player can rush in on the snap, everyone else must wait at the line until the ball gets to them.
- Games will be played on a 40 yard field, you have four downs to get to the 20 for a first, then four more downs to score a touchdown. After a turnover on downs or a touchdown the ball will always be returned to the 40
- 8:30 - 9:05, coaches will work with their teams on fundamentals.
Suggested practice plan
5 min- warm up
5 min- flag pulling
5 min- hand offs
5 min- pass catching
15min- run plays
- feel free to add in other basic fundamentals, just remember it's all about having fun with them.
9:05 - 9:45 -- Fun Game vs another team